The Curtain Boutique works with Google tools such as Google Adwords and Analytics to give us a better understanding of our consumers and also allows us to re-market to potential customers who have previously visited our website.
The information collected via cookies placed on visitor’s browsers after they visit, are strictly used internally for our analysis, marketing, profiling and statistical purposes. We take your privacy very seriously and we would NEVER knowingly sell or give away your personal information without first gaining your prior approval.
This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which The Curtain Boutique (“we”, “us”, or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of persons in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
- As used in this Notice:“person” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any products or services by us or (c) have submitted a job or internship application with us; and“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a person who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
- Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include your name, email address or telephone number, information about your usage of and interaction with our website
Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We take reasonable measures to safeguard your information and ensure it is processed securely. Such measures include but are not limited to firewalls, password and other standardised industry practices.
However, no method of transmission over the internet would be 100% safe and we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer from unauthorized access or loss of any data that is not within our control. Nonetheless, we work hard to safeguard the security of your details, and we are constantly reviewing and enhancing our cyber security measures. We may, but are not obliged to, post a notice on our website if a security breach does occur.
If you have any further questions about the use of your personal data, you can drop an email to email@example.com to find out more
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
- We generally collect personal data from our customers, business partners, contractors and other individuals such as job applicants. We would only collect data that have been provided to us voluntarily by you or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”).
- These personal data would be furnished to us in forms filled out by you, face to face meetings, email messages, telephone conversations or through our website(s). We may also keep a record of any contact you have with us. These data would be collected only for business purposes or for the purpose stated by us when we gather the information from you.
- The personal data collected may be used for any or all of the following purposes:
3.1 to provide services as part of our business operations
3.2 for job application and recruitment purposes
3.3 for billing and reporting, such as for invoicing and account management purposes
3.4 for follow-up action regarding any complaints, feedback, queries or requests received via our website or any other communication channels
3.5 assisting in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority
3.6 any other purposes for which you have provided the information
3.7 any other incidental business purposes
- The personal data collected may be used or disclose for any or all of the following purposes:
(a) where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods or services requested by you; or
(b) to comply with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines or rules; or
(c) to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in Clause 3 above for us. Any third parties engaged by us will be contractually bound to keep all information confidential.
- The purposes listed in Clause 3 may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
- The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer.
- Depending on the complexity of the request and its impact of our relationship with you, we will cease (and cause any of our data intermediaries and agents to cease) collecting, using or disclosing the personal data within a reasonable time period (within thirty (30) days) unless it is required or authorised under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- Upon request and within a reasonable timeframe, we will provide the individual with access to their personal data in accordance with the requirements of the PDPA. Upon receiving your request in writing, we will correct an error or omission in the individual’s personal data that is in our possession or control in accordance with the requirements of the PDPA.
- Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
- We will make every reasonable effort to ensure that personal data collected by us or on our behalf is accurate and complete.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
- For job applicants, we will retain your personal data for a maximum of one (1) year.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
Unless for business-related needs, we generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
We may revise this notice at any time without any prior notice. Your continued use of our services and/or products constitute your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Effective Jan 2018
Last Updated May 2019